Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Soldiers in this battle.

Heard some devastating news about friends on Sunday. Its hard to endure death and its even harder when a whole family is involved. My heart and mind keep wandering back to the family and praying God will give them comfort and grace through all of this. I literally can't even imagine my mother being gone. Maranatha

In light of that, this week has been heavy, but also a good refocusing week. God is helping me to focus on the things that matter, and open my eyes to see He is all I need. Its a huge refining processing going on continually, and everyday I think God has to peel my little attention span off this world and everything that's fighting for my time and mind. I hope He fights hard for me, nothing else matters. God doesn't grab our hearts in the quiet, easy, comfortable moments of life, He uses the painful, exhausting, unknown moments where we finally reach out to find Him and He's been there all along wanting our love and affection. I've been so distracted by the most trivial of things and I need to get my eyes on the truth. What will sustain me but the truth and the light of the world? No house, career, friends, or stuff will fill me up and give me sustaining joy the way only Jesus Christ can. I just get easily unfocused and need to fight harder, we are soldiers in fact and this is a serious battle we are in. The greatest battle of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment