Wednesday, June 9, 2010

So my first 5k since highschool is on SATURDAY! I'm pretty nervous. I've felt pretty good about how much training I've done in the last month or so, but I still don' t feel completely ready, as in my body still doesn't feel completely in shape. I guess ready or not at this point.
I have another one scheduled for the end of July, so I'm hoping I'll be able to beat my score from this first race by then.
Ultimate frisbee has been happening 2 or 3 times a week, which is perfect for my life. This summer is really starting out how I envisioned it might happen.
I hiked up a mountain right into a thunderstorm, and then ran down the mountain in a downpour. Now just 10 more of those this summer and I'll be set.
I'm ready to search Provo, Spanish fork, and Payson canyon for more midnight lakes to jump into to. I'm so glad God has brought more crazy people here to do these things with me. It's gonna be a good summer.
Plus I made parmesan encrusted tilapia for dinner last night and I loved it! Its fun trying new ways to make fish. That recipe is definitely a winner, and so easy.
It's good to feel alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment