Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February 2nd

Romans 15:13 I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

I love this promise. I love that our hope can only be in God. Nothing else can fill us up and keep us running in confidence then the fact that God is our only source of true hope. I've been realizing lately that God is my only joy. No circumstance can control that, or should control that. Hard things have been happening around me. Things I never imagined or thought I would ever have to see, but I have the most joy and a deeper confident hope then I have had in the past years. It seems when true pain seeps into your soul is when true joy can actually grow. I'm not talking about happiness, because its definitely not always happy, but joy. A peace, a knowing of who God is, a God in control. Slowly God takes pieces of my heart and gently tells me, nothing will make you happy. Nothing will make you feel more fulfilled, only I can do that. Then God does show me beauty that is literally all around me, but I could only see that when I had my eyes on my lover and the wonderful grace He has bestowed on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment