Monday, February 22, 2010

Short week.



It was a bittersweet weekend. We had to say goodbye to our dear friend Devin Shepherd, who joined the coast guard. He left for boot camp today. His wife Chianne is staying in Utah for the next 8 weeks, then he comes back for 5 days. After that they leave together to go to a coast somewhere and start their new life. I'm hoping sometime during the 5 days he's back we'll get some Killer Bunnies in and maybe a grand adventure to top it all off. Chianne and I have been close friends over the past few years. We've had each other to lean on through several stages of life. We worked together, lived together, been on road trips, we were in each other's weddings and she's been my hair dresser basically since I've known her. It'll be hard to say goodbye more permanently in the next couple months, but that's how it is, so you just have to keep your chin up. I'm excited for them and pray that God will protect them and ultimately use them to build His kingdom where ever they end up. If we want to read more about their journey visit DevinandChianne.blogspot.com.
The remainder of the weekend was spent relearning how to rollerblade, but this time with a dog pulling me around, not as easy as Caesar makes it look. Also got a bit of cleaning done, groceries and relaxation.
I'm obsessed with a show on Sunday nights called, "Undercover Boss". Since Caleb and I don't have tv we went to my parents and watched it. We all sat on the couch watching a CEO of a major corporation get down on our level and see what we do everyday, while Lucy and Trickr run around like hooligans. Some how that fascinates me. It was a good way to end the weekend.
I'm excited for this week because its a short week! Caleb's birthday is on Friday and we're gonna take the day off and I'm stoked to celebrate with drinks and friends. It'll be nice to have a weekend full of family and celebration, especially for my darling husband. He is such an amazing leader and man and I'm so thankful God brought us together.

I'm ready for sun and warmth. These dreary days can pass us by.

1 comment: