Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Night Walks

One of my favorite places is outside at night. Almost every house I've lived in has had a field a few steps away. Its a rush to be run as fast as I can across a dark field where no one can see me and I feel like the fastest person who has stepped foot on earth. I love being able to dance wildly in the middle of no where in the dark and feel absolutely beautiful. It's the feeling of being completely free and innocent. I'm never been afraid of the night. I used to take long walks at night alone and I was just in bliss. Its a nice time to think with less distractions. See, during the day there is so much more for your eyes to focus on and your ears to hear, at night everyone is asleep and its black all around you.
A few things I thought about tonight, mostly unfinished thoughts, but its nice to start working things out in my head. I think about people, relationships, from the past and present. How some of your favorite things can be taken away, just because of new memories and other memories become so vivid they change you. I live by the free way, and I just wanna get on and go. Just drive several hours to a new city. It'd be nice to come and go as I please, though I'm sure it'd be lonely, I guess I just don't know how to settle down yet. It's a process right? How long does each season in life last? It seems they keep getting longer. Maybe not. I can take comfort in the Truth that God knows exactly where I am right now and where I am going.


1 comment:

  1. I miss my night time life. I miss working at the hospital at night and being awake while everyone is sleeping. I miss the twinkling lights spread over the valley. I even miss being up really early for Starbucks, because people are more real before 6am.

    ReplyDelete