Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Provo Really is alive.

I've had a lot to think about lately. I'm so glad God brought me to Provo, and I feel like I'm finally, after 2 years seeing that God wants to consume me here. I feel like in the last 5 months I have really been able to dip both feet in the water instead of holding back. I had a long talk last night with an amazing woman named Joellen. Her faith challenges me in so many ways, she does jail ministry and trusts God month to month to provide for her and her family because she feels He wants her where she is and she doesn't let the paycheck guide her way. She is so full of hope and peace. She gives God's hope to so many hurting and deeply wounded people and yet she is one of the most joyfilled, laugh out loud woman I've met. We suddenly started talking about what type of work I want to be doing for a long time, what are the deep passions God has planted in my heart. Most jobs I take are a means to the end. I haven't really pursued a job because its what I really truly want to be doing, I've looked more for the paycheck and benefits. Don't get me wrong there is definitely a balance, but God is tugging at my heart in a new way. I'm praying about what God might want me to do be doing as a "career". Mostly meaning if money meant nothing, what truly inspires and drives me. Definitely the answer is people, and helping people. I'm not sure what that looks like and that could honestly be a position in the hospital no doubt. I always have to keep reminding myself no matter where you are, you are in ministry, sometimes you just have to do some computer work along with it. Its amazing we can grow closer to God everyday and that won't stop til the day we die. We won't ever understand everything about God and how He moves in our hearts, but He is so real and intimate and I love when He slowly uncovers my eyes to see things a bit more in His view.

No comments:

Post a Comment