Monday, March 22, 2010

So glad to report the pathology report came back on my dad TOTALLY clean! Definitely a reason to be praising God today. He went home yesterday and is so glad to be out of the hospital. He is doing so well and seems pretty encouraged. Of course he still has plenty of healing to do, but I'm sure the good news has brightened his spirits!
Caleb and I had a low key weekend. Friday night church went well. I got to talk to one new girl and she encouraged my heart. She goes to a local baptist church here in town, this was her first time in our doors and she stated, "You guys aren't very ritualistic, but I can tell the whole reason you are here is because you love Jesus and that's why you do any of this". I told her that's the truth, that is why we are here.
We had people over after church and it was so good to fellowship with friends old and new. I was exhausted and slept in as late as I could Saturday morning. Then we went to the hospital most the afternoon into the evening.
Sunday morning we took my grandma to the airport. I will miss her. It was so good to get to know her and spend time with her. I hope Caleb and I can make a trip out to good ol' Iowa sometime soon.
Then we had breakfast with Caleb's Auntie Tony who was in town. We went to Porcupine, and it was so nice to chat with her. She recently went on a mission trip to Yemen to teach english to medical students, and it was so challenging to hear her stories and the struggles she witnessed while there. God is moving even in places with intense bondage such as Yemen. We can't even understand as americans, our spiritual freedom here. It is a gift I take for granted much to often.
Then we came home and I crashed for a nap. Once I woke up the sun was drawing us in and we went to the park to play fetch with little Lucy and soak in the warmth. The rest of the afternoon was filled with yardwork and then later relaxing.
Monday came all too soon, but it'll be weekend again soon enough. I am so relieved dad is doing so well and I can't wait to see him back on his feet as his old self. Thank you for all the prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment