Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Street lamps

I love walking the streets at night with a good conversation. A new discovery and a friendship. Its more than interesting to see where people have come from, where they plan on going, and what they'll do in between.
I mark people down as who they are before I really even know. I wish I could sit down with people the minute I know them and say, what's the hardest thing that has happened to you, and what has brought you the most joy?
I walk a line of so much appreciation. I am so grateful to God for healing my dad, and I know so many haven't had that same outcome. I know so many have had to feel the pain til the end and they still feel it in the quiet spaces, in the loving interaction of a mother and her daughter. Its the elephant in the room.
There are so many brave people I know. So many people that have conquered many mountains and had to swims through too many storms. I'm so proud of them and sometimes I forget where they've been because they have chosen to move on so strongly. I am so blessed to have these people standing so firmly next to me. I know they won't run, if they were going to run it would've been years ago.
I decide people's motives and desires way to quickly for my own good. People change, people grow up and sometimes I stick them in a box of neverland. Last night opened my eyes to see even my own family is changing and standing up, and I'm so proud of them. I'm so proud of who my siblings are becoming.
I love the new relationships, and I love the worn ones. You have to have both.

1 comment: