Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Virginia May

Gregory Alan Isakov is coloring my morning gray and peaceful. I can't take loud noises or lights, my eyes are still sleeping, well, really my entire face is still wanting to be in bed.
We had Refuge on Campus (ROC) last night. It was pretty amazing to be singing at the top of our lungs to our King in the student center. It's so encouraging to be with the body. Really there is no replacement.
It rained for 2 minutes, huge drops as big as grapes, but after that it just threatened until we left the park. We played frisbee until it was too dark and we all rememebered we work early in the morning.
There is not much time until the next 5k. My score from the race on saturday was 28min. I'm hoping by the end of July at my last race I'll be down to 26 or so. I really need to go on actual runs, lately I've just relied on frisbee to get me in shape.
Today is a great day to go hiking and I have a hiking DATE. I'm very excited. Right after work we're heading to Slate Canyon to hike with the pups. Jen just moved her from Logan and before that Michigan. I already like her a lot. Hopefully we can take lots of adventures together up these gorgeous hills and canyons. There is a whole other world to explore up there and I intend to.
Here's to hoping work flies by...

No comments:

Post a Comment