Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Friend's of whom?

Last night at Refuge one question really stuck with me. First of all the original question was, how much of your thinking was influenced by the world before you accepted Jesus as your Savior? Obviously the answer is 100%. The next question was a challenge and wake up call.....How much of your thinking now is influenced by the world? As I sat and thought about the music, movies, internet, fashion, and books that I participate in, I realized probably atleast 50%-65% of my thinking is still influenced by the world. That leaves less than half of me I offer for God to fill.

How often do you really challenge ourselves and our christian family about music or movies we watch, and listen to? Am I honestly set apart from the world, or do I look just like it except I go to church on Sunday?

I really don't want that. I don't down deep. How will I change that? God is worth everything.

James 4:4 You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

1 comment: