Thursday, August 12, 2010

Coming Home

I miss hearing the waves crashing right outside the window, but atleast I have the breeze whispering through the trees on my front porch, well front step, I wouldn't exactly call it a porch.

I've been turning off lights and brushing my teeth with less water because I'm reading 'Irresistible Revolution', and 20,000 kids die from unclean water everyday. My small efforts aren't even denting the severe problem, but I'm trying to learn and be less naive about the world around me. Its so overwhelming and devastating, especially when I think about the pure luxury I live in. I'm such a rich girl, no matter how much I might think I'm not. I want to learn to fight poverty more practically, even in my own city.

Contentment. I have so many, 'if onlys', dealing with work, time, sleep, etc. Supposedly in my mind if they are fulfilled life with be a perfect dream. Well, not until I learn Christ is ALL I need to be content will I ever be content. God is so good. I am so absolutely blessed.

1 comment:

  1. amen sister :) I really love this, God is so good! And even though we live in a world filled with hurt, even the little things can help.

    ReplyDelete