Thursday, January 27, 2011

New People

I've been listening to Parlor Hawk, you can find them here: http://www.facebook.com/parlorhawk. They are a local band from Utah County, and they are goooood.
Listening to them makes me wrestle with some lost lover of mine. Probably my want for radical change and things like jumping off cliffs or camping on beaches.
I've had some really wonderful conversations lately, ones that have really lifted me up and reminded where the joy is.
I like having a change of heart, I hope I have a lot more. I want to learn to be nice, see it's not something that comes naturally, its actually quite the opposite of that.
I used to talk to people I didn't know so easily and it was something I rather looked forward to, and I just remembered that last night. Despite the awkward silence and the lack of common jokes, it's quite the rush to put yourself out there and learn a new language that was foreign to you before. Everyone walks around in their own clothes and languages, and you've never been there, but by starting a conversation you might learn a small piece of their walk just for a moment and its an exciting experience.
I hope I won't miss many more new experiences. I hope I won't hide in my cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment