Monday, January 17, 2011

Games




I love games. Caleb and I are big game geeks. Especially in the winter one of my favorite past times with friends and family is board games. I like games better than movies with friends just because you're still interacting and enjoy eachother's company.

This weekend we played the traditional Uno and Yatzee, but we also played a couple new games. So for everyone with a love for games, check these out!



http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/883/ivanhoe

Ivanhoe, is supposed to allow 2-5 players, but we played it with 7 and it worked perfectly. I am always looking for games that allow a lot of players because we always seem to have plenty of people over. Our friend Rob introduced us to this game in which you enter into tournaments to score the most tokens by the end of the game. Each time you win a tournament you can get a different colored chip and whoever gets the most first wins. It's a game of strategy and chance. I'm pretty sure this will be one we purchase, I've been wanting to play it ever since the first time!


http://boardgamegeek.com/image/172286/saboteur

I've played Saboteur twice now and this game is fun because it involves bluffing. This game can be played with 3-10 players. In this game you are either a dwarf or a saboteur, the goal if your a dwarf is to dig a path to the gold, and if you're a saboteur it's to stop the dwarfs getting to the gold. It's fun because you don't know who is good and who is bad, you have to figure it out by watching how they play.


http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/20100/wits-wagers

Wits and Wagers is actually a game I haven't played yet, but have heard a lot about. I'm super interested in playing it, let me know if you have and if it's a good purchase! Plus it says you can play with up to 21 players. My kind of game!

I have tons of other games we like playing maybe I'll post about another day.

Hope you had a good weekend!

2 comments: