Friday, August 27, 2010

I love the phrase, Godspeed. It always makes me think of a sailor on his boat, leaving the shore to explore unknown waters. Who knows what will happen to him or where he is going, but his friends and family wish him Godspeed. God be with you, where ever you go.
We're always on a journey, sometimes it seems like my journey goes in circles, and its not progressing, other times it's like I'm RUNNING to keep up with where I'm going. I really don't know where I'm headed exactly, right now it's the heart of Provo, in 5 years it might be somewhere different. Honestly, it's what God wants. I don't want to base my life around a career, because what if God wants me else where? I want to learn life skills that I can use where ever I am. For example, if I learn to sew, clean a house, love people or cook dinner, I can take that to Africa, California, or Brazil or even Wyoming. If I wanted to be a doctor, hairdresser, chef, or lawyer, I could take those with me too. I could use those to benefit the kingdom of God. I would love to be a sailor on the high seas, but honestly, I am. Its just a different sea, but it has storms, big ones, and it has beautiful coves of rest and adventure. I love to know that God called me hear, but sometimes its overwhelming, dark and lonely, but I'm never really alone. God is with me. I wish you all Godspeed, that's really all we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment