Tuesday, August 31, 2010

WFP

You may have noticed some changes on my blog, and I am very excited to be a part of World Food Programme. It is an organization fighting against world hunger. I have been thinking often about the severe problem of people in need around the globe lately, and honestly it just overwhelms me. I don't even know where to start to even make a small difference, so I was glad when I found this site to be a part of. I have SO much and I am so blessed by an abundance of needs and WANTS met. We can all play a part in helping someone who is truly in need. I have donated some money, just by forfeiting going out to eat, starbucks, a new shirt, using less water, bike riding or whatever you can think of we can SAVE money and give it to someone who really needs it. Someone who is struggling to get just one meal, or clean water. I hope you would consider giving any amount to help.
Here are a few facts on hunger:
Most people think of malnutrition as not having enough to eat. But for many of the world's one billion hungry people, the problem is that they get too few of the minerals and vitamins that they need to thrive, physically and mentally.

Malnutrition often starts in the womb, when malnourished mothers give birth to malnourished children. This creates a cycle that continues for generations, and we need to break this cycle and ensure that the right food is provided at the right time.

The first two years of a child’s life is essential. Without the right nutrition, the child’s physical and mental development is compromised irreversibly. When a child is malnourished its body struggles to do normal things such as grow and resist disease.

Hunger is killing thousands of children every day even though we have the knowledge, ability and means to prevent child malnutrition in developing countries.

If you click the banner on my page it will take you to a site you can donate towards hunger.
Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment